A Naming Ceremony for a baby or child gives parents the opportunity to introduce their child to family and friends. It also allows parents to publicly express their love and devotion to the child. It is a non-religious ceremony allowing the child to choose their own beliefs later in life.
The Ceremony also offers parents the opportunity to appoint special people who will hold an important place in the child’s life (Guardians/Godparents).
I have a selection of readings from which to choose from as well as many other symbolic and meaningful inclusions such as candle lighting, to symbolize the child’s heritage; a wish box with messages to the child from guests and many more unique ideas to make the ceremony special.
If you would like me to perform a Naming Ceremony, my services will include:
- An initial no obligation meeting to discuss what you have in mind and what I offer.
- Samples of readings/rituals that can be included.
- Draft ceremony for your approval prior to the day.
- Certificates for the child & Guardians matched to your party’s theme.
- Candles (extra charge).
- Formal copy of ceremony as a keepsake.
- Use of table/cloths, audio equipment etc.
- Travel to the ceremony.
- A professional ceremony performed on the day.